Website Design and Development
First, the good news: If you have a website, then you have a site that can be accessed by any mobile device with a browser.
Now, the bad: Chances are, that site looks pretty crappy on said mobile device.
A site designed to be viewed on a desktop PC comes across as woefully lacking. Say you’re accessing such a site from the Safari browser on your iPhone. The first thing you’re likely to notice is that it takes a relatively long time to load. The second thing is that the type on the page is pretty small. It might take a lot of zooming and pinching to navigate the site as well. If you have Flash on your site, it’s not going to come across at all on an iPhone.
Your customers are mobile; how about you?
A responsive or mobile website is just a website that has been optimized for mobile browsing. It can be reached through a phone's web browser directly.
There are some great advantages to doing a responsive or mobile site:
- A responsive or mobile site can work on any mobile platform.
- It is generally quick and inexpensive to develop a responsive or mobile site.
- A responsive site can adjust itself to the size of the browser viewing it.
- A mobile site can just be a 'version' of your primary website.
- Customers can google you and land on your responsive or mobile site.
- Since they are websites, they can be easily updated.